Neighborhood Advisors

570.784.1673 | Claims Center

Flood damage can happen to anyone, no matter where their home, apartment or business is located. You can buy flood insurance even if your property is not located in a flood plain. Flood insurance can be purchased to cover almost any building and its contents, including rental property and condominiums. Tenants can buy protection for their belongings as well. It is important to be aware that a standard homeowner’s or renter’s policy does not cover damages resulting from a flood. Also, there may be a 30-day waiting period for flood insurance policies to become effective, so don’t wait until it’s too late.